Workplace Relations Support
Are you worried about your obligations as an employer?
Let us help support and navigate you through workplace relations and employment law to ensure you are compliant and minimise your business risk.
Our highly trained team of employment law experts will provide you with easy and practical solutions to manage your workforce.
We can help you with the below and much more!:
- Paying employees correctly – unsure which award your employees fall under? Do you know the correct rates of pay for your staff?
- Interpreting modern awards and enterprise agreements – industrial instruments can be complex to read and apply- we can help.
- Drafting HR policies and procedures – HR policies can help you with creating a harmonious and productive workplace, as well as give you recourse to better manage your workforce and discipline employees.
- Understanding leave entitlements – are you accruing leave correctly? Do you know which LSL scheme your employee falls under? Are you up to date with the latest changes to parental leave entitlements?
- Disciplinary action and performance management – we can guide you through this.
- Terminating employment – worried about unfair dismissal or general protections claims? Is your employee entitled to notice?
- Workers compensation and return to work – can you terminate whilst an employee is on workers’ comp? Should they be accruing leave?
- Downsizing your workforce – restructuring, redundancy and navigating consultancy obligations.
- Dealing with Union officials – do you know how to deal with union disputes?
Become a member and get access to:
- Our employment law experts via the Workplace Relations Hotline:
- Principal and Corporate membership includes 10 calls/emails or up to 2hrs per year
- Business and Kindred membership includes 5 calls/emails or up to 1hr peryear
- Regular updates on Industrial Relations changes, including changes to modern awards.
- Information outlining the wages and allowances payable under your modern award.
- Fact sheets and handy checklists on a range of WR topics (available via the online member portal).
Need additional support?
Upgrade to WR Plus
- Unlimited access to the WR Hotline
- Up to 5 modern awards
- Access to workplace policy procedures and templates, such as code of conduct, leave, performance and misconduct, and social media.
Choose the plan that suits your business (prices inc. GST):
- Up to 20 employees – $66 per month ($792 per annum)
- 20-40 employees – $143 per month ($1,716 per annum)
- 40+ employees – Bespoke package with price on application (Call our WR hotline or you’ll receive a call from the Chamber after you submit your membership application)
All these packages are tax-deductible (check with your accountant).
Secure Local Jobs Code Certification
Businesses tendering for construction, cleaning, security or traffic management work need to meet workplace standards in the Secure Local Jobs Code and have a Secure Local Jobs Code Certificate. Businesses that wish to provide services worth more than $200,000 to the ACT Government will also need a Code Certificate.
Under the Secure Local Jobs Code rules, The Canberra Business Chamber is only able to offer this service to non-members at this time.
Canberra Business Chamber offers an efficient and reliable Secure Local Jobs Code audit service to support you in obtaining a Certificate.
Our experienced auditors are happy to assist with any application queries and will guide you through the ACT Procurement requirements to obtain a Certificate. Our turnaround time means that we can meet your critical deadlines ensuring that you can get the certificate on time. So, if you or your contractors are in need of a certificate please do not hesitate to contact our Workplace Relations team.
The WR team also provides the following services on a fee-for-service basis:
- Assistance with negotiating and drafting enterprise agreements
- Drafting template contracts of employment and individual flexibility arrangements
- Development and review of tailored workplace policies and procedures
- Wage analysis against modern awards
- And much more!
Our Chamber is pleased to offer our services to our members at a rate of $350 per hour.
Please contact the Chamber to discuss your particular business needs and to organise a quote for services.