Workplace Relations Support
Are you worried about your obligations as an employer?
Let us help support and navigate you through workplace relations and employment law to ensure you are compliant and minimise your business risk.
Our highly trained team of employment law experts will provide you with easy and practical solutions to manage your workforce.
We can help you with:
- Paying employees correctly
- Interpreting modern awards
- Terminating employment
- Workers compensation and return to work
- Understanding annual, personal and long service leave
- Downsizing your workforce
- Dealing with Union officials
- Drafting HR policies and procedures
- And much more!
Become a member and get access to:
- Our employment law experts via the Workplace Relations Hotline:
- Principal and Corporate membership includes 10 calls/emails or up to 2hrs/year
- Business and Kindred membership includes 5 calls/emails or up to 1hr/year
- Copies of up to 2 modern awards which are relevant to your organisation. We look out for changes and send you updates whenever your relevant modern award is varied.
- Wage sheets which outline the wages and allowances payable under your modern award.
- A variety of fact sheets and handy checklists on a range of WR topics (available via the online member portal).
Need additional support?
Upgrade to WR Plus
- Unlimited access to the WR Hotline
- Up to 5 modern awards
- Access to workplace policy procedures and templates, such as code of conduct, leave, performance and misconduct, and social media.
Choose the plan that suits your business (prices inc. GST):
- Up to 20 employees – $66 per month ($792 per annum)
- 20-40 employees – $143 per month ($1,716 per annum)
- 40+ employees – Bespoke package with price on application (Call our WR hotline or you’ll receive a call from the Chamber after you submit your membership application)
All these packages are tax-deductible (check with your accountant).
Are you looking to tender on ACT Government work? Do you need an Secure Local Jobs Code Certificate?
Businesses tendering for construction, cleaning, security or traffic management work need to meet workplace standards in the Secure Local Jobs Code and have a Secure Local Jobs Code Certificate. Businesses that wish to provide services worth more than $200,000 to the ACT Government will also need a Code Certificate.
Canberra Business Chamber offers an efficient and reliable Secure Local Jobs Code audit service to support you in obtaining a Certificate.
Our experienced auditors are happy to assist with any application queries and will guide you through the ACT Procurement requirements to obtain a Certificate. Our turnaround time means that we can meet your critical deadlines ensuring that you can get the certificate on time. So, if you or your contractors are in need of a certificate please do not hesitate to contact our Workplace Relations team.
The WR team also provides the following services on a fee-for-service basis:
- Negotiating and drafting enterprise agreements
- Drafting a template contract of employment and individual flexibility agreements
- Development of human resource policies and procedures
- Wage analysis against modern awards
Discounted rates apply to WR Plus members!