International Business Connect – Doing Business in North America
The Canberra Business Chamber, ACT Government along with Austrade have joined together to create a series of bi-monthly themed networking events, hosted by a successful local business operating internationally. International Business Connect will provide an opportunity to hear the host’s story and insights, meet and share with new and experienced exporters and build our region’s alumni of successful international businesses prepared to help each other.
Join us for the inaugural International Business Connect – Doing Business in North America
US Economic Counsellor
Canadian Senior Trade Commissioner
ACT Government, Austrade representatives
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver monitoring systems, striving to make a positive impact on safety across multiple transport sectors including automotive, commercial transport, aviation, mining and rail.
All proceeds from this event will be donated to the Australian Road Safety Foundation.
Business Fundamentals: Key things you need to know when starting your business
Business Fundamentals is the perfect workshop for those thinking about going into business, or even those who are in the early stages of business. It will give you a basic outline of everything you need to know – from Tax and Legal obligations to marketing your business successfully!
This full day workshop is divided into three sessions:
8:45am – 12.30pm
TAX – Compliance, simplified accounting and strategic planning.
LEGAL – Business structures, branding and IP, premises, insurance, employment and privacy.
Delivered by Nexis Accountants
MARKETING – Knowing your target market, creating marketing goals, budgeting and evaluating.
Delivered by Threesides Marketing
Morning Tea and Lunch provided
This is a Level 1 workshop
“Business Essentials: Business 101 training to give you the basics to get started in business. Suited to business intenders, entrepreneurs or early stage business.”
Tax Essentials – Tax Planning Strategies That Will Grow Your Business
If you are a small business looking for ways to minimise the tax you pay and manage your tax responsibilities – this is the workshop for you!
We will also share with you, 3 important steps you can take to increase the value and performance of your business.
This session will cover 3 key components relating to your business:
Tax planning strategies
- Develop and evolve your business legal structure
- Develop everyday and year-end tax planning strategies
- Discuss tax traps which can catch you out
- Understand what can be claimed as a legitimate tax deduction and planning which results in the deferral of taxes can deliver significant cash flow boosts to your business
- Discuss how to interact with the ATO and how best to stay off their radar
- Understand Goods and Services Tax and Fringe Benefits Tax and how these apply to your business
- Learn about methods to plan for tax payments and also how to tailor suitable salary packages for yourself and your employees
3 important steps to increase the value and performance of your business!
- Understand the methodologies used in valuing a business and look at the key drivers of value
- Learn how you can improve the value of your business
- Develop a clear list of steps to grow this value which can be incorporated into your strategic plan and into the daily operations of your business
These small group workshops give you focused access to our expert presenter and enables you the opportunity to share your experiences with likeminded business owners.
Presented by Michael Talevich of Nexis Accountants
Morning Tea Provided
Delivered by Nexis Accountants & Business Advisors
This is a Level 2 workshop
“Business Essentials: You have the basics in place and need to explore key areas like Planning, Marketing, Legal or Accounting in more detail. Would suit entrepreneurs, established businesses and their staff.”
See all Levels
Cost: $140 – $180