Canberra business leaders addressing the economic development issues of today and tomorrow.
As the ACT’s principal business and economic advocacy organisation, the Chamber has assembled a range of industry leaders to advise and support us on the key issues. They’re helping us develop and implement long-term plans for a vibrant future region.
The Taskforce is a small group of invited individuals recognised for their business leadership, influence, experience and connections to the broader Canberra and regional community.
They play an important role in the development of our policies which, in turn, become the driving force behind the initiatives Canberra Business Chamber pursues.
Members come from a range of industry sectors, large and small businesses, and a diversity of different backgrounds. Current members includes:
- Craig Sloan (Chair) – Professional services. Currently partner at KPMG; Chair of Canberra Institute of Technology (since 2015); Chair, CIT Solutions; Director of TAFE Directors Australia; President of Hockey ACT.
- Nigel Phair – Cyber security and related issues. Currently director of UNSW Canberra Cyber; board member of Canberra Institute of Technology.
- Stephen Parker – Education. Former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Canberra (2007-16); currently Global Lead, Education and Skills, KPMG.
- Michael Brennan – Law and professional services. Currently managing partner at Minter Ellison Canberra.
- Athol Chalmers – NFPs and associations. Currently President of Canberra Highland Society & Burns Club; president of Canberra Community Clubs; previously CEO of Royal National Capital Agricultural Society (2018-19).
- Gai Brodtmann – Government. Former federal MHR for Canberra 2010-2019 and formerly Shadow Assistant Minister for Cyber Security and Defence. Currently board member, Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House; council member, Australian Strategic Policy Institute; futures council member, National Security College; advisory board member, Sapien Cyber.
- Dr Sally Pitkin – ASX firms; corporate governance. Chair of ASX 200-listed firm Super Retail Group; director of 2 other ASX 200 firms (Link; The Star). Chair of AICD’s national corporate governance board.
- Anne O’Donnell – Financial services. Currently board of MTAA Super and director of Equity Trustees; chair of Beyond Bank Australia (2004-18); chair of AICD ACT division (2014-17).
- Chris Faulks – Education and business. Currently Deputy Chancellor of the University of Canberra (since 2017); current board member of National Capital Authority (since 2014); previously CEO of Canberra Business Council (2007-15).
- Liesel Wett – Health and aged care. Currently chair of Goodwin Aged Care and CEO of Pathology Australia (both since 2014); national director of AICD (since 2015).
Members are appointed by the Chamber board and operate under terms of reference approved by the board.