Wednesday 11 December 2019
New faces on Business Chamber board
Canberra Business Chamber has a number of new faces on its board of directors, following the completion of its recent round of board elections and appointments.
Current chairman Archie Tsirimokos has been re-elected by the board for another term, as has Deputy Chair Keith Cantlie. Vicki Williams, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Finance & Infrastructure) at the University of Canberra, will take on the role of Treasurer.
Three new members have joined the board:
- Scott Leggo – Owner and co-founder, Scott Leggo Photographic Gallery
- Carrie Leeson – CEO, Lifeline Canberra
- Craig Wagstaff – General Manager, Canberra FM
“Membership of the Chamber has been growing significantly in recent months, and the elections for the board this year were reflective of the increased member interest. The ballot was one of the most competitive in many years, with 9 nominations and a record turnout of voters,” Chamber CEO Dr Michael Schaper said today.
They join existing sitting directors:
- Craig Sloan – Partner, KPMG
- Richard Snow – Head of Property, Canberra Airport
- Sarah Rajic – Director, Capital Recruit
- Jo Metcalfe – ACT and Southern NSW Manager, GHD
“The Chamber is Canberra’s peak industry association, representing a wide range of individual businesses and industry sectors, as well as both small business and larger enterprises. The range of our officebearers now reflects that diversity,” Dr Schaper said.