12 October 2016
Light rail construction timetable
Construction of stage one light rail from Gungahlin to Civic has begun and updates on planned work can be found at www.transport.act.gov.au/light-rail-project/construction.
Construction along the Gungahlin to Civic corridor will be delivered in three phases:
- Enabling works
- Permanent works
- Operational testing and training
Permanent works commenced in Gungahlin in September 2016. Construction hours are 7am – 6 pm, Monday to Saturday.
The proposed schedule of works, in is outlined below.:
Kate Crace Street
- Road widening September 2016 – March 2017
- Intersection closure March 2017 – April 2017
Kate Crace to Manning Clark – light rail stop 1
- Substation civil works September 2016
- Substation- depot commission – October 2016
- Combined services route & drainage, energisation – November 2016
- Roadworks – November 2016 – February 2017
- Landscaping – February 2017
- Rail welding and installation May 2017- June 2017
- Stops civil/structural works February 2017 – April 2017
- Stops fit out October 2017- November 2017
Temporary lane closures may be in place on Flemington Road from Kate Crace Street to Sapling Street. These will be during off peak traffic periods to minimise disruption and ensure the safety of both the public and construction team.
Canberra Metro has committed to working to ensure construction impacts are minimised during the delivery phase. If you have any concerns about the impact of construction on your business, please contact the Light Rail Business Link Program on 6247 4199 so it can liaise with Canberra Metro on your behalf.