We're supporting ACT businesses through tough times
Contact our free Industrial Relations Information Service for a limited time!
Do you have a question about your rights and obligations as an employer under the Fair Work Act?
Canberra Business Chamber understands the stresses and difficulties of running a business in the current climate. We’re working hard to provide extra support to businesses across the ACT, which is why we’re running a new industrial relations information service for all Canberra businesses.
Until December 2020, you can call us for free limited information on your employer obligations, modern awards, the Fairwork Act and Commonwealth workplace laws.
We can provide information on:
- Pay rates, including overtime payments
- Leave entitlements, including parental leave
- Notice and redundancy entitlements
- JobKeeper in the workplace
- JobKeeper 2.0 employee eligibility;
- the 80-hour threshold test;
- determining tier payment rates;
- alternate reference periods or other JobKeeper 2.0 matters.
Contact us! We’re here to help you get back to business.
Need more customised advice and ongoing support? Become a member!
Our employment law experts can provide in-depth advice and guidance on:
- Managing your workforce, including dispute resolution.
- Contract writing and policy templates tailored to your business needs.
- Modern awards and clauses, including award flexibility, rostering, overtime, and offsetting $ figures.
- Leave entitlements, including calculation of pro-rated or different entitlements contained in Enterprise Agreements, policies or contracts.
- Changes to your award in conjunction with other legislation, for example JobKeeper.
- Managing terminations, including determining grounds for dismissal, conducting investigations and structuring meetings
- Wages and overtime payments, including assessment of wages against the award and averaging provisions.