- This event has passed.
Canberra in Wellington Week – Business Program
Wednesday 14 November 2018 – 6:30 pm to Friday 16 November 2018 – 12:00 pm
Canberra in Wellington Week (CWW) – Business Program Wed 14 to Fri 16 November 2018
Canberra in Wellington Week (CWW) initiative is being led by the ACT Chief Minister, Mr Andrew Barr with the development of the program being jointly coordinated across agencies within the ACT Government and Canberra Business Chamber.
Canberra’s International Engagement Strategy recognises New Zealand (Wellington) as one of the five international priority markets for engagement. The foundation for Canberra’s close connection to New Zealand has been laid in 2016 with Sister City agreement with Wellington. Canberra Business Chamber supports this connection through an MoU with the Wellington Chamber of Commerce established in the same year. The two Chambers enhanced their Agreement in 2017 by providing office services to support the business activities of their members when travelling.
CWW will raise the profile of Canberra in Wellington, facilitate business to business collaborations, establish networks, foster on-going knowledge sharing and engagement to support the commitments under the Wellington Canberra Sister City agreement.
The Business Program has been developed for Canberra Region businesses to take part and leverage the excellent networking and collaboration opportunities.
In addition to the Business Program, there is an opportunity for the participating delegates to recommend their New Zealand based business partner to be invited to the Australian High Commission Canberra in Wellington Reception on Wednesday evening.
For more information, please contact Dinko Colak, Export and Trade Program Coordinator, email@example.com or 02 6247 4199.
Indicative Business Program itinerary:
Wednesday 14 November
Individual arrivals (recommended before 4 pm)
- Canberra in Wellington Reception – Hosted by the Australian High Commission. An opportunity to connect with the Australian businesses operating in Wellington and New Zealand business counterparts, Australian Alumni and diplomatic community
Thursday 15 November
- Market Insight briefing by Austrade/High Commission
- Wellington Business outlook – Presentations and B2B event organised in partnership with Wellington Chamber of Commerce
- Networking lunch
- Visit to Mahuki, Innovation Accelerator for digital businesses
- Tour of the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
- Team Canberra evening drinks
Friday 16 November
- Presentation on business opportunities by Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA)
Individual arrangements, follow-up B2B meetings (Note: Depending on your departure times Wellington Chamber of Commerce can provide assistance with individual meeting arrangements)
For different flight and accommodation options please contact ‘Travel Makers’, the Chamber’s travel partner for this Trade Mission (Anthony Allardyce – 02 6223 2780, Anthony@travelmakers.com.au)
View More Events