- This event has passed.
Business Trade Mission to Singapore – 5 to 6 July 2018
Thursday 5 July 2018 – 8:00 am to Friday 6 July 2018 – 5:00 pm
Canberra Business Chamber and ACT Government are organising a Trade Mission to Singapore 5-6 July 2018*.
The Business Program has been developed for Canberra Region businesses to take part and leverage the excellent networking and collaboration opportunities.
Development of the program is being coordinated with ACT Government, Austrade, AustCham Singapore and Enterprise Singapore.
+ Business Events
- Market insight briefing by Austrade
- B2B round tables and networking lunch
- AustCham Singapore – presentation/workshop + light lunch (opportunity to hear from and exchange experience with Australian businesses operating in Singapore)
+ Key Event Attendance
- End-of-the-day drinks at ‘1880 Club’
- Visit to National Museum of Singapore (Guided tour of Singapore History Gallery)
- Australian High Commission Reception
+ Transfers from Intercontinental Singapore Robertson Quay Hotel to all program venues out of walking distance
+ CBR Brand Collateral Pack
Cost $750 + GST
(excluding accommodation and flights)
* fly-in on 4 July; fly-out on 7 July
Singapore Airlines, as Chamber’s Airline Trade Mission Partner, will be offering a special return airfare for direct flights, SQ288.
Registered trade delegates will be provided with discounted accommodation rates from InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay Hotel, a partner hotel for this Trade Mission.
Studio King Room (breakfast included) – SGD 220 + GST and Service charges
Club Intercontinental Studio (use of Club Lounge included) – SGD 290 + GST and Service charges.
An e-mail with a booking link will be sent to delegates upon registration.
For any additional information please contact Dinko Colak, Export and Trade Program Coordinator, at email@example.com
Singapore Market Background
Singapore is a major trading and logistics hub and plays an important role for companies willing to expand to the South-East Asian region. Singapore is particularly strong in manufacturing, wholesale/retail trade and services sector, presenting many opportunities for ACT businesses in industries such as:
- Business Services;
- Clean Energy;
- Education (Tertiary, VET, Skills development, Research);
- Food and Beverage;
- Health, Medical and Aged care;
- Infrastructure; and
- Technology (Fintech, Medtech, Edutech).
The country is host to 7,000 multinational companies from various industries and geographies. In the ICT sector, Singapore is host to more than 80 of the world’s top 100 software and services companies. The World Bank ranked Singapore the second easiest places in the world to do business.