The key objectives of the Tourism Taskforce are to:
- Identify opportunities for the development and improvement of tourism infrastructure and experiences for both domestic and international visitors.
- Identify impediments for tourism businesses to hire staff, and develop strategies to address skills needs within the industry.
- Support the development of a pilot data dashboard for the ACT through the collection and sharing of data that could provide tourism insights for business development/growth.
- Identify regulatory/red tape inhibitors for the tourism industry that stifle growth and innovation including development of practical solutions.
- Facilitate opportunities and support for the promotion and use of Brand Canberra for the Tourism industry.
- Contribute and develop input and submissions to Government requests for responses to tourism matters.
- Contribute to the development of an overarching medium term visitor economy strategic plan.
RECENT SUBMISSIONS by the Tourism Taskforce