The objectives of the Sustainability Taskforce are to:
- To develop strategies to promote the concept of sustainability as a key to commercial success for the region in the future.
- To identify key projects and initiatives in the areas of sustainability that will make an on-going contribution to regional economic development.
- To promote and foster strong sustainable organisations with the primary aim of achieving measurable, sustainable and community benefit to the Canberra Region.
- To foster an understanding of the sustainable importance and impact of the sector.
- To facilitate and encourage mutually beneficial relationships and collaboration between business organisations and sustainable organisations including encouraging sustainability in the Canberra Region.
It is anticipated that membership of the task force will represent, in approximately equal proportions:
- Sustainable small businesses.
- Research and educational institutions.
- Professional service organisations.