The objectives of the International Business Taskforce are to:
- To create an effective, business-driven and globally focused capital region international trade community with a high level of co-operation and mutual support aimed at building the region’s exports and inwards investment.
- To consult with and provide advice of the ACT and Federal Governments in relation to international trade development and related matters.
- To promote opportunities for the Region’s exporters and importers.
- To raise awareness of international trade, including inwards and outwards missions and delegations.
- To increase general export knowledge among global businesses.
- To facilitate export-related networking opportunities to build relationships and share knowledge.
- To manage and/or participate in projects related to international business from time to time.
It is anticipated that membership of the task force will represent, in approximately equal proportions of representatives from business, government, industry associations and educational institutions.